addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › Anyone into signing a petition to revoke the citizens united decision?

Anyone into signing a petition to revoke the citizens united decision?

A former member
Post #: 15
Anyone into signing a petition to revoke the citizens united decision?

Sign here:
http://sanders.senate...­

Thanks,
Tom B. in Belmont
David D.
user 14112952
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 2
Tom, I signed because I think this is way more important than most people comprehend. Dave Dresser
james r.
user 20148571
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I don't know where I've been. What was the citizens united decision? What did they decide? I'll sign if I think it's important. Help me out here. James Robertson
David D.
user 14112952
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 3
James, this is not a forum for a full historical perspective, but Citizens United was a Supreme Court decision that granted corporations rights equal to people for funding political campaigns. Go to Amazon for a review of a new book on the matter: Corporations Are Not People: Why They Have More Rights Than You Do and What You Can Do About It, by Jeffrey Clements, a new book from Berrett-Koehler Publishers.)
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 300
I signed it, knowing full well that it won't do squat.

Also, was kind of annoying that I had to supply e-mail and physical address just to add my name to the list of those who are outraged by Citizens United.
KJ
user 8089527
San Rafael, CA
Post #: 9
Nope.

I'm here for the atheism.
Meg
Nuttmeg
Novato, CA
Post #: 11
Thanks for this. Next thing you know, the banks will be designated as "God" with their rights sacrosanct. Fits right in with atheist activity!
james r.
user 20148571
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
I recall it now . Thank you David. Of course I signed it.