addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › Zeitgeist Part 1 and Christian mythology

Zeitgeist Part 1 and Christian mythology

Simon W.
user 2280196
Oakland, CA
Post #: 2
For a rapid run down on the topic of Jesus vs. ancient myth you can check out the first part of "Zeitgeist" which is available via Bit Torrent or via Google Video at http://video.google.c...­

It has plenty of pictures and bullet points for the short of attention. I've heard many of the points about earlier mythological heroes who sounded a lot like Jesus before from "The God Who Wasn't There" (see TheGodMovie.com). However the parallels with the zodiac and various other astrological aspects were new to me - and pretty compelling since all the early Christian history I've read indicates they spent a lot of time trying to morph the religion, its icons and festivals to the point where it could seamlessly replace the other fashionable myths of the era.

If anyone has some pointers to critical commentary on such lines of reasoning I'd love to see them.
A former member
Post #: 2
All the Gods in the religion look like the same story as "King's new cloth". There is no fact, but faith. It is "Blind" faith.

Even you found that King was naked, you had to say that his dress was magnificant. You can't find your God, but you have to say your God is great and save your soul and life.

If you remove all the "MIRACLEs" from the Bible as Thomas Jefferson did. You will find it is nothing but a story book. Stephen