Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 544
Was driving across the Bay Bridge from SF back to East Bay last night and was totally taken by surprise to see, to my right, as I came off the Bridge, a huge brightly lit electronic billboard that was flashing the following message (or words to this effect, as I recall):

" To our atheist friends...
THANK GOD YOU'RE WRONG.
--answers in Genesis "

Has anyone else seen this? How long has it been up?
matthew s.
user 47058052
Martinez, CA
Post #: 1
I saw it last week when I was driving back from SF. Had a nice chuckle. Maybe if they had included God's phone number I could have given her a call and thanked her myself.
A former member
Post #: 8
There was a YouTube about this in other states. New York, I think. I may be mistaken, but I think it is sponsored by the "Creationist Institute" or some place like this. Freedom of speech is a pain in the... While living in Lancaster CA., the Atheists Meetup there attempted to do something similar, but the company that owned the billboards refused stating it would be too controversial and did not want their billboards damaged.
A former member
Post #: 9
Here's the link to the similar billboard in Time Square; http://www.youtube.co...­.
This one is in Los Angeles: http://www.youtube.co...­
By Ken Ham, from the "Creation Museum" apparently they are popping up in Texas, well, everywhere.

Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 545
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

Seems that the billboards fall somewhere in between the laughing/fighting stage....at least in L.A. and NYC. They're pretty much preaching to the choir to display them in TX and the Bible Belt, so I guess they decided to branch out. I have to wonder if these billboards ultimately have the effect of validating that there's a whole lot of atheists out there, and actually make more people feel comfortable to come forward to join the ranks and openly identify as non-believers.

I especially enjoyed the discussion at the second link. Thanks for sharing.
Colin D.
user 64600132
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post #: 6
I went to see Anthony Jeselnik in SF the other day and somehow I missed this. I'm glad they proudly displayed it was a message from AIG, one quick glance at their website and this can only help the atheist cause. If there's a worse way to win people over for Jesus than telling them Adam and Eve lived in the garden with vegetarian t-rexes, I sure as hell can't think of one.