Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › Relocation advice, please

Relocation advice, please

A former member
Post #: 318
Hello! I'm currently in the Santa Cruz area but want to move up to the East Bay (potential of a job in Berkeley). I need an area with lots of sun. Between, say, El Sobrante and Hayward, what areas or cities could be described as warm (or even hot) and dry? Thanks in advance! :-)
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 547
[2nd try]: Berkeley and El Cerrito are in the fog belt in the mornings and afternoons, so they will not be dry the whole day. If you want dry, warm and closer to the water and some ocean breeze, then Pinole, El Sobrante and Hercules would be a better bet. If you want really hot and bone dry, then head inland to the San Ramon Valley (Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Alamo). Cost of living is higher there. Plus the inversion layer traps the air pollution in the Valley. Slightly more affordable are Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill, which are both hot and dry. And Concord would (as a generalization) be the most affordable of the hot and dry inland communities.
A former member
Post #: 10
I live in Concord, my wife works in Oakland. She simply gets on BART and arrives in no time. I may be going to Berkeley and BART goes there as well. It also goes to Oakland and S. F. O. Airport. So, getting around is convenient and inexpensive.

Living here is inexpensive, (we can afford renting a house), the same amount would get us a nice apartment in Oakland, at least in the nicer areas.

The hills block the morning fog and it is warmer here then in Oakland or Berkeley.

Just a thought.