Bay Area Bookworms Book Club Message Board › Email me book nominations for January through March 2013 by 11/25/12!!

Email me book nominations for January through March 2013 by 11/25/12!!

Valerie F.
user 48528652
Group Organizer
Emeryville, CA
Hello Bookworms!

Although I had originally planned to deal with book nominations during the first meet n' greet for this group, so many people have expressed interested in attending that event that the logistics of collecting and deliberating over nominations have become pretty much impossible. So! I have turned that meeting into a free-for-all mingler to get to know your fellow bookworms, and I will be collecting book nominations by email.

If you would like to contribute to the reading list for the Bay Area Bookworms, please send me up to 3 book nominations by Sunday, November 25th at 5:00pm. These books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, scifi, whatever you please...). Please include a short description of each book nomination in your email - spoiler-free summaries can often be found on amazon.com. If you do not include a summary, your book will not be included for this quarter's vote, so please don't forget this! After nominations are in, I will select a diverse set of 12 books for the group to vote on - this simplifies the logistics of the vote, since with over 100 members, we could end up with 300+ book nominations! I will be checking discussions on our site to see if any books are of particular interest (e.g., I've seen a lot of interest in reading books by Oliver Sacks), and I will try to include those books for the vote. [As a side note, if you're wondering why 12 is the magic number, it's because that's the limit of options for voting with Meetup polls].

I will send out a list of 12 titles and descriptions on the morning of Monday, November 26th when I announce that the Meetup poll for book selections is open. Just like nominations, you will have a week to vote on book selections.

Alright Bookworms, start sending me your ideas! Have a great holiday, and see you soon after at the meet n' greet!

Cheers,

~Val

P.S. - When I altered the Meet n' Greet event to open up the RSVP (no limit), all of the folks who were on the wait list disappeared from the event (oops). So, if you were previously on the Dec 2nd wait list, and you still want to attend our Meet n' Greet, please RSVP again! Told ya I'm a Meetup organizing novice :p