Bay Area Bookworms Book Club Message Board › Thanks for the meet n' greet AND new poll!

Thanks for the meet n' greet AND new poll!

Valerie F.
user 48528652
Group Organizer
Richmond, CA
Hi Bookworms!

Thanks again to all of you who came out to the meet n' greet this afternoon - it was really nice to get to know you all, and I'm looking forward to our first book discussion! For those of you who weren't able to attend, I hope you can join us at our future events. Please note, if you RSVP'd "yes" for the meet n' greet, but didn't attend, this will not count against you this time, since this was an open-attendance event. However, I will be taking attendance for limited-attendance events, and if you are a no-show for 3 events, you will be barred from future attendance - this is not out of any malice, but purely in the interests of keeping the group accessible to those who want to attend.

Speaking of attendance - I've created another poll up on our meetup asking which day of the business week you might be interested in having alternate events. Cher, one of our group members, has graciously offered to host an alternate meetup group during the week for book discussions that are especially popular - this will allow us to limit book discussions to a smaller group, which I've found are more satisfying (it's hard to facilitate a good conversation with 20 or so folks). So, for books in popular demand, we will host two events per month on the same book, one during the week (hosted by Cher) and one on a weekend (hosted by me, Val). Anyhow, take a couple of minutes to vote in this poll, and let us know which evening of the week works best for you as an alternate meetup if you think you might be interested in weekday meetings:­

One last plug - the book selection poll will be closed at 5pm tomorrow (Monday) evening, so please make sure you vote for 3 books that you would be interested in reading for January, February, and March 2013 if you have not done so already:­

Looking forward to discussing with you all soon!