align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Bookworms Book Club Message Board › Pre-event reminders and updates

Pre-event reminders and updates

Valerie F.
user 48528652
Group Organizer
Emeryville, CA
Hi Bookworms,
I hope everyone had a good holiday this past week/weekend, and I'm looking forward to our book discussion of Alias Grace!
Just a reminder, if you need to change your RSVP for this Sunday, please do so ASAP so that people who are on the waiting list can get in. If you are on the waiting list, please check your RSVP status close to the date of, since people may change their status and you may get in.
Also, a bit of an update - I spoke with folks at the Grand Tavern, and they are happy to host our book club meetings there for up to 20 people each event, indefinitely and free of charge. However, if we exceed the 20-person maximum, they will charge us a minimum - eek! Not at all ideal for broke-asses such as myself (also, a 20+ person book club meeting would be a bit much, eh?). Given that, I hope you will all be respectful of your RSVP status. There's a LOT of folks on the waiting list this time so if there are still 10 or more people on the wait-list for this Sunday (14th), I will schedule an alternate meeting at The Grand Tavern for you all for the following Sunday (21st). Keep your eyes out for it! (Note, I will not be attending the alternate meeting, since I have something scheduled for that weekend). If there are less than 10 left on the waitlist, I recommend coming to the Bookworm Social on July 28th to get your chat on - this book is pretty interesting, so I'm sure people will still have more to say about it.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Best,
~Val