addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Bookworms Book Club Message Board › Email me book nominations for October - December 2013!

Email me book nominations for October - December 2013!

Valerie F.
user 48528652
Group Organizer
Emeryville, CA
Post #: 7
Hi Bookworms,

It's that time again! If you would like to contribute to the Bay Area Bookworms reading list for October, November and December, please send me a message through Meetup with up to (but no more than) 3 book nominations by Tuesday, September 3rd at 5:00pm. These books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, scifi, whatever you please...).

Please include a short description of each book nomination in your email. Spoiler-free summaries can often be found on or If you do not include a summary, your book will definitely not be included for this quarter's vote, so please don't forget this! After nominations are in, I will select a diverse set of 12 books for the group to vote on - this simplifies the logistics of the vote. If your books aren't selected this time, or weren't selected last time, feel free to re-nominate during the next cycles of solicitation.

Also, *note* - if any enormously long books win in the polls, I will simply split the book up into two separate months for reading, so please do not let the length of a book deter you from nominating, voting on, or reading it - the goal here is to read interesting stuff and chat about it, not to torture you with extra-long readings and short turnarounds.

I will send out a list of 12 titles and descriptions on the morning of Wednesday, September 4th when I announce that the Meetup poll for book selections is open. You will have one week to vote on book selections.

Alright Bookworms, start sending me your ideas! Looking forward to reading some new and interesting books with you.