align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Bucket Listers Message Board › Beach Event Update!

Beach Event Update!

Rea R.
user 17598661
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Hi, guys!!

The weather will be perfect for this Saturday and I can't wait to see you all!

A lot of members are asking me questions via email and I've answered you all individually. I enjoy receiving your emails so thank you :) However, other members may have the same question, so I thought I'd just send you all a message. Here are some FAQ's.

-The event will start at 2:30. Of course, sunset will not set until about 8:15pm; so please feel free to come at your own convenience because we will be there all afternoon/evening. Beach days are meant to be relaxing so if you are not there at a certain time, it is OK!! :) Many members are meeting me there around that time to help set up. I think others are even going there before me :)

-If you get there before me, please give me a call so we don't have separate locations. Please message me if you need my cell #.

-People asked how will they find the group. I thought of having balloons, but it will pop under the hot sun. Most of you know how I look like from the Ice Breaker event so it should be very easy and again, you can always just call me. Our group will probably be the biggest one there so it should be easy to find.

-Parking: There is residentials right across Seabright Beach. You can find a spot and park there. However, please read Tahiya's posting who knows a lot about the area. I've gone to this beach many many times. I never had a problem with parking permits and such before, but please just be careful, read all parking, and street signs. All else fails, drop off your stuff to our group (we will take care of your stuff, we're practically like family now, right?! Lol!) park your car, and come right back!

-Alcohol is not allowed. However, I've always packed a beer or two in my purse in the past. Hey, I know you've done it, too! :) Some rangers will leave you alone and others will want you to get rid of the alcohol or even ask you to leave if they see it. Some will just tell you to get rid of it and they allow you to stay. So please, be very discreet about alcohol!

-Expect traffic on HWY 17.

-Bring what you normally bring to the beach! Chairs, beach mats, towels, sunscreen, frisbees, volleyball, book, magazine, etc.

*I need to know what you are bringing to the potluck so I can get a good idea of what we have too much of or what is missing. Please message me individually with what you are bringing.

-If you have any other questions, please let me know. See you all on Saturday!

Thank you,

Rea