Bay Area Bucket Listers Message Board › FREE extra ticket to the play, "the Cherry Orchard" by Chekhov Oct

FREE extra ticket to the play, "the Cherry Orchard" by Chekhov Oct. 9th 3pm El Campanil theater in Antioch

Chris
ChrisRudd
San Jose, CA
Post #: 19
Hi everyone! I just scored 2 tickets to the 3pm showing of "the Cherry Orchard" by Anton Chekhov as adapted by David Mamet playing in the El Campanil theater in Antioch. So, I have an extra FREE ticket and want to see if anyone wants to go. I would prefer someone that wants to carpool as it's an hour drive from San Jose, but it's not an absolute requirement. Just someone that would be good company and would appreciate a great play will do.

It's a classic play concerning an aristocratic Russian woman and her family as they return to the family's estate (which includes a large and well-known cherry orchard) just before it is auctioned to pay the mortgage. It has elements of tragedy and comedy and David Mamet has received great reviews in his adaptation.

Email me ASAP if you want to go and also let me know whether you want to carpool. If it's getting later in the week and you're still interested, email me anyway. I've offered free tickets before and gotten no takers in other groups (but sometimes I get my person within 24 hours of posting). I will change this post when I get a taker, so assume that the ticket is there if there isn't an update with the post. Looking forward to going with whoever wants to go!

Chris