The Chinese Speaking People In the Bay Area is hosting its 2nd Singles Dinner meetup. Our goal is to provide members with an exciting and diverse social calendar.
The 'Table for Eight' event is to bring four men and women with similar backgrounds and interests together for an evening of good food and wonderful conversation in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. This event is NOT a dating service. This is an upscale dining and social event for our members who are singles.
We will set up several tables and each table with:
4 x Beauties & 4 x Geeks
A compatible group based on age, interests, lifestyle, and preferences will be seated together. You will be greeted by an organizer with brief introductions. After the first and second courses, I will switch Geeks to a different table if there is more than one table set up that night. You will have a chance to meet with the the other table of 4 beauties or geeks while enjoying the desserts.
Genghix Asian Fusion restaurant with ambience surrounding in Castro Valley (next to the Bart Station)
• Must be Single and Professional
• Your profile picture has a face & is YOU. (no animal, cartoon or objects other than you )
• Provide information as listed in "how to register" section below.
• NO Walk-Ins
• MUST pay to confirm RSVP. (non-refundable, except organizers postpone, cancel the event or cancel arrangements due to not able to group with the similar interests, background.
• Cost : $32 per person for a 3 courses pre-fixe dinner (You will have a separate check for your own drinks.)
How to register:
Please send me "Elaine" a message with the following information:
• Full Name
• Your Age group (a.25-32, b.33-40, c.41-48)
• Your speaking languages (English, Cantonese, Mandarin)
• Your professional background
• Your interests, lifestyle, and preferences
• Your Paypal account info (to match your payment)
• Your preferred partner age group (a.25-32, b.33-40, c.41-48)
• Your preferred partner speaking languages (English, Cantonese, Mandarin)
• Show your profile name on the RSVP list? YES or NO
If you don't want to show your RSVP on our event list, please note on your message. I will provide you the Paypal info for the payment and update the number of attendees by +(number).
We will make every effort to find compatible guests to fill up the same table. In the event that we cannot, we may arrange a table of six. If we decide to postpone or cancel arrangements (not able to group with the similar interests, background...), you will be contacted and get the full refund 24-48 hours prior to the event. Also, I reserved the right to accept the members to join in.
Dress to Impress (recommended business casual attire)
Be calm, honest, confident & comfortable
Don’t be shy, we are all here to have fun and make friendships
We suggest participants prepare 5 unique questions to ask. (What is the most exciting thing you ever done? What is your dream career? Tell me one thing about yourself that you would like me to know? Etc)
What should I not talk about at the event?
In order to create a safe, comfortable and enjoyable evening for everyone
1. You are NOT allowed to ask anyone for their contact information directly DURING the DINNER. This includes their phone number or their email addresses.
2. You are NOT allowed to ask sexually explicit questions. Please be polite and respectful!
All of our members' information is strictly confidential. We will NOT give out or pass on any info including full names and telephone numbers on your behalf, except first name or profile name. After the dinner, we will give you 10 minutes to exchange names and phone numbers at the lobby or bar area so you can contact each other after our dinner meetup. If there is someone would like to meet again from our 'Table for Eight' event you attended, but didn't get the opportunity to exchange contact information, just send message the member via the message feature on their meetup profile.
Registration deadline: November 20, 2013