East Bay Classic Fiction Book Club Message Board › Lakeview Book Club reading A Portrait of a Lady

Lakeview Book Club reading A Portrait of a Lady

Andrea P.
user 50742492
Oakland, CA
Post #: 4
Hi Classic Enthusiasts,

Another book club I'm in, Lakeview library branch book club, is discussing A Portrait of a Lady by Henry James on July 15th. I'm really enjoying it and guessing a few of you out there have read it and would like to join into a discussion. We meet at the Lakeview library branch, 6:30, July 15 on Embarcadero in Oakland.

Andrea
Carissa
CP20
Group Organizer
Oakland, CA
Post #: 60
Thanks Andrea! Wish I had time to read this before the 15th. Any other good titles coming up?
Andrea P.
user 50742492
Oakland, CA
Post #: 5
Next Two months:
Aug 19,’14 Going Clear by Lawrence Wright, tells you more than you ever expected to know about Scientology. It is a truly scary story, carefully researched and grippingly written.
Sep 16,’14 Heartburn, by Nora Ephron, is the essayist and humorist’s early novel about her real failing marriage to Bernstein (of the Woodward and Berstein fame). It holds many surprises and laughs for the reader.

Here is the schedule October through January:
The list for October 2014 through January 2015 is:
October 21, 2014 The Leopard by Guiseppe di Lampedusa
November 18, 2014 The Mermaid's Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
December 16, 2014 A Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit
January 13, 2015 Private Life by Jane Smilely (This is the 2nd Tuesday due to MLK holiday, which will most likely be on the 3rd Tuesday.
Chris S.
user 73941552
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
I'm a huge Portrait fan. I can't re-read it in the alloted time but I'll show up for the discussion. Heartburn you can read in half an hour.