Re: Payment method and guideline!
Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:28 PM
Some members suggested that it be better off charging members via PayPal (or other equivalent online payment services). So i did look and see if that seems doable. And yes, i agree it's much simpler making transactions like that both for sending and receiving. However, as event organizer i do not have access to link account between our meetup and PayPal. So, that brings me back to what i originally proposed, which is payment via mailing a check.
Now here's how this payment via check will work:
1) As soon as you pledge to my event, mail out a check for $2 whether or not you anticipate any change in your RSVP later since refund will take care of it later on. Please write your profile name and event date on memo on your check. The address to send your check to is posted at the bottom of meetup posting.
2) Once i receive a check from you, i will hold on to it until after the event
3) After the event, i will be taking attendance one last time to check whom i need to give a refund.
Then i will proceed with depositing all remaining checks.
4) REFUND: Deadline for refund is the same date and time as RSVP deadline as specified. Changing your RSVP to NO after RSVP deadline won't give you a refund.
5) Finally, i will be sending an email confirmation regarding your refund if it applies to you. Additionally, i will also send message to some members who have NO SHOW on their record, and will forward info regarding any amount charged by meetup venue (i.e. restaurant) due to their no show if there's any.
Thanks, and please let me know if you have any question.