Bay Area Classical Music Meetup Message Board › San Francisco Choral Society: Dvorak and Lauridsen April 30 and May 1 (Pacif

San Francisco Choral Society: Dvorak and Lauridsen April 30 and May 1 (Pacific Heights)

Susan
user 11223899
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 5
What: Performance of Dvorak's Mass in D Major and Lauridsen's Lux Aterna
Where: Calvary Presbyterian Church, 2515 Fillmore Street (at Jackson), San Francisco
When: Saturday April 30 at 8 pm
Sunday May 1 at 4 pm
Tickets: $31, $28, and $25 ($2 discount for seniors and students) - Available at the door and at www.cityboxoffice.com

On Saturday, April 30, at 8 p.m. and Sunday, May 1, at 4 p.m., the San Francisco Choral Society will be performing Dvorak’s Mass in D Major and Morten Lauridsen’s Lux Aeterna at Calvary Presbyterian Church (Fillmore at Jackson in Pacific Heights). We will be accompanied by four professional soloists and organ.

Dvorak’s Mass in D Major is rarely performed, which is quite surprising, as it is a beautifully crafted work that is bright and sparkling with delightful melodies and filled with grace, spontaneity and musical intelligence. Lux Aeterna is a stunning classic of new American choral music writing that combines Old Word structure with New World spirit. This concert has a superb repertoire to be enjoyed by all.

To learn more about the San Francisco Choral Society, please check out www.sfchoral.org.

Karen C.
ViolaKaren
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I just became award of Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna ~ fabulous piece. I'd be interested in attending the Sun May 1st performance.
Susan
user 11223899
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
I just became award of Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna ~ fabulous piece. I'd be interested in attending the Sun May 1st performance.

Hi Karen,

You are right - Lauridsen is an amazing composer. The Dvorak is also quite lovely. I am signing (alto) in the concert, so I had not planned on organizing a meet up, due to other obligations, but it would be great if you and friends or other members of this group could attend.