The Bay Area Collective Intelligence Meetup Group Message Board › Welcome to the Bay Area Collective Intelligence Meetup Group!

Welcome to the Bay Area Collective Intelligence Meetup Group!

A former member
Welcome! I'm surprised, gratified, and more than intimidated by the response to this group. It shows how much interest there is in this subject.

There are two areas that I'd like everyone to check out. First is the message boards. There are two threads going now. One is a suggestion box. Use this to add your ideas on what you'd like to see in this group. The other is a discussion of algorithms and projects involving collective intelligence. Please feel free to contribute to these discussions or start your own.

The second are the polls. The first one is on days you would be available for a meetup. Once we have consensus on days of the week, I'm going to put up a second poll on bracketing dates 3 to 5 weeks in advance on the days from the first poll. I'm hoping that will converge on a specific date. If it is successful, it will be our first real life demonstration of Collective Intelligence.

The second is about the mailing list. Originally I left the mailing list on, figuring traffic on it would be light, but with so many people joining the group I felt it might be a little intrusive, so I turned it off and put up a second poll asking if you want it turned back on.

Please answer the polls (they're both very short). This will give us the information we need to apply our Collective Intelligence to running this group!

Michael Daniels