Bay Area Everything Outdoors Club for 20,30,40 year olds Message Board › Undiscovered Gourmet: Hiking Yuba ... carpools & deposits

Undiscovered Gourmet: Hiking Yuba ... carpools & deposits

Laura F.
user 6337386
Berkeley, CA
Hello Travelers!

I'm super excited about this weekend!

The Yuba River is AMAZING right now. I was there yesterday to scope out the trail. There are emerald pools, sculpted river rocks, a warm breeze and the water is swimable!

I've been plotting Saturday's dinner with our Italian chef. Yesterday he said (and - please imagine this with a thick Italian accent) "sì sì...maybe we can have my wife's goat cheese ... or we could make mozzarella that morning for everyone! .... also I have so much arugula in my garden now ... and, of course, we can drink my wine. They'll be hungry after hiking, right?"

Right?

GETTING THERE

We'd like to organize two carpools. One from the peninsula (organized) and one from SF (still need driver). Let me know if you'd be willing to drive or need a ride. It's about 3 hours from SF. A little longer from the peninsula. Once you finally get here, we'll greet you with a glass of wine by the lake. And it will aaaaaallllll be worth it.

RESERVATIONS PLZ

Lodging is very limited, so please let me know ASAP if you'd like to come coming. We need a $50 deposit to secure your room. (you can pay it online via meetup), and the rest can be paid upon arrival. Reserve here.

Looking forward to it all!

Laura

­Undiscovered Gourmet: Hiking Yuba