Bay Area Everything Outdoors Club for 20,30,40 year olds Message Board › Hike at Anthony Chabot Regional Park/Lake Chabot

Hike at Anthony Chabot Regional Park/Lake Chabot

A former member
Hi there-
Here are some details for the hike on Saturday. We are going to be hiking part of the Anthony Chabot loop. The whole loop is 8.6 miles and lasts 3-5 hours. We may hike about half of that and of course others can go for the full loop if they choose. It's important to pack enough food and water for the trip. We will plan on stopping half way through the trip to eat and enjoy the scenery. It will be moderately warm and I recommend layering and wearing sunscreen as well.

Directions:
From Interstate 580 just south of Oakland, take the Estudillo Ave. exit and go east for 0.2 miles
Turn right onto Lake Chabot road and drive 2.6 miles
Park for free on the road just before the turnoff to the marina or you can pay to park inside the park.
It's $2 to bring your dog on the trails

I will be meeting you in the main parking lot with my dog (hopefully, she hurt her leg recently).
Please print the trail map in advance (PDF) if you can. I will also have a few extra copies.
See you Saturday,
Jennifer