Big overhaul of the panda gambling game! Come try it even if you haven't played before. First, a scheduling note:
If you can only make ONE of the next two weekends (Feb 16th and Feb 23rd) then it would be better to come on the 23rd. The new panda gambling stuff is ready now though, so if anyone can come try that this saturday, might as well. Also, no experience with the game is required. It's easy to learn so if you haven't played it before, you are welcome to join. It's sort of like poker, but with a lot more bluffing, a few special abilities, and pandas.
Preview of changes for those who played before:
- Way less time spent on abilities per gambit. Streamlined to be less than half as much time on that!
- Abilities all revised to be more interesting because they now interact and block each other
- Some stuff rolled back to version 1 with the return of "breakfast" and the Jim Preston rule
- A new win condition! First to get rich enough wins rather than ending when someone busts.
- Information leaks throughout the game have been mostly removed. This means your cover for lying is much greater. People will finally win pots by lying I think. Will you be the first to win the favor of a Panda Lord?
Getting to the venue: the nearest BART station is MacArthur, which is a bit far, but there's a free Emery-Go-Round shuttle that goes from MacArthur station literally to the doorstep of this cafe. There's plenty of parking nearby if you're driving, either on the street or in the large parking lot for the Emeryville Public Market across the street.