We will play both the panda gambling game (simple game) as well as the customizable card game (complex game). You can play either or both, depending on your interests. If we don't have enough room for all that, we might relocate to the 2nd floor lounge of the very tall white building next door to the cafe, not sure.
Panda gambling game updates:
- The game is now awesome and works way better and smoother than before
Customizable card game updates:
- Red burn from the starting deck is nerfed
- Zane is nerfed, but 1000% more crazy
- That "Is Prohibition too much?" has been asked 1000 times is evidence that the answer is "yes." It's been replaced with Reputable Newsman.
- White spells are significantly powered up
- Setsuki is a lot harder to kill with new ninja-like blinking
- Rook can summon a BIRD
- Experimental thing: Tech2 buildings cost 1 more so that tech1 is more relevant
- Experimental thing: When heroes and tech buildings die, you get them back on a regular schedule rather than randomly based on your deck size like before. Also, lower level heroes don't take as long to get back when killed as max level heroes.
- Experimental thing: You can use unspent gold at end of turn to level up heroes. This makes all reaction type spells stronger.
If you don't know what any of that is, that's fine. You can learn either game, or just watch, or whatever!
Getting to the venue: the nearest BART station is MacArthur, which is a bit far, but there's a free Emery-Go-Round shuttle that goes from MacArthur station literally to the doorstep of this cafe. There's plenty of parking nearby if you're driving, either on the street or in the large parking lot for the Emeryville Public Market across the street.