Come play a customizable card game, in development. If you're new, that's fine. If you have played before, look forward to these things:
- New boards which help you track the new cooldown system for heroes and tech buildings
- Red starting deck: one less burn, one more haste
- Zane is completely crazy now, and with slight tweak from last time.
- Experimental rule: unspent gold at end of turn can be used to level up heroes. This is a buff to all reaction spells.
- White spells all buffed, just like from last playtest.
- Setsuki is buffed by being very hard to kill because of a blink ability
- Blue's Prohibition still gone and replaced with Reputable Newsman
The panda gambling game will also be available to play if there's interest for that too. Changes since last time:
- WAY shorter game. Win condition reduced from 60 + 20*X gold (where X = # of players) to 60 + 10*X gold.
- Experiment: we'll use a dealer button that goes around the table to even out who goes first each time so one unlucky pretty girl doesn't get stuck with that the whole time.
If you don't know what any of that is, that's fine. You can learn either game, or just watch, or whatever!
Getting to the venue: the nearest BART station is MacArthur, which is a bit far, but there's a free Emery-Go-Round shuttle that goes from MacArthur station literally to the doorstep of this cafe. There's plenty of parking nearby if you're driving, either on the street or in the large parking lot for the Emeryville Public Market across the street.