August 24, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Let's play Pandante and Codex. Pandante is the proposed version, checking for any last emergency problems. If you haven't played before, it's easy to learn and you're welcome to come. It's a fun gambling game where you get to lie all the time and everyone laughs. And if you are a poker expert, you are encouraged to come.
Main things to keep an eye on:
• Is the red ability too good?
• Is it fine that you can't fold during the Splash?
Codex is a much more complicated customizable card game. All factions have been updated since FSX. Main things to keep an eye on:
• Several of white's weaker cards are much more powerful
• Purple has several changes that make the mirror match (and some other matches) less stally. It's also got a couple slightly beefier things to help it attack.
• Blue is powerful yet misunderstood. A good control player should try it.
• Try out red's new Malfunctioning Cannon.
• A new game-wide rule that destroying tech buildings deals 3 damage to their controller's base. This shortens games that go long.
It will help if you RSVP so I can have enough materials ready.
Getting to the venue: the nearest BART station is MacArthur, which is a bit far, but there's a free Emery-Go-Round shuttle that goes from MacArthur station literally to the doorstep of this cafe. There's plenty of parking nearby if you're driving, either on the street or in the large parking lot for the Emeryville Public Market across the street.