We'll playtest the card game Codex, still in development. If you're new, you can come and watch or learn, and if you've played before then please come to try out the latest experiment.
Finally, we have figured out the combat system. It's asynchronous, good, and works. This version has dozens of updated cards, mostly to work correctly with the combat system. There are also some balance changes unrelated to that:
• Several weak red cards are buffed to be closer to the power level of other red cards. This includes Zane's spells, some Fire tech 2 units, and the Blood tech 3 unit.
• The Green spell Moment's Peace and the red unit Steam tank are much simpler.
• Worker destruction cards are now removed from the game after use
• Purple has a new present tech 2 card and a buffed future tech 2 card
• Jandra (black starting card) was designed entirely around opponents double blocking her, but you can't do that in the new combat system so she's revised to work differently.
• Thieving imp (black starting card) is cost 3 instead of 2. This makes the black starting deck kind of expensive overall.
• Black has a new Lich's Bargain spell.
• The obliterate ability now only triggers "when you auto-attack"
• More art
• A bunch of other stuff
Getting to the venue: the nearest BART station is MacArthur, which is a bit far, but there's a free Emery-Go-Round shuttle that goes from MacArthur station to the doorstep of the Black Diamond cafe. Then go to the huge tall white building next door. There's plenty of parking nearby if you're driving, either on the street or in the large parking lot for the Emeryville Public Market across the street.
Go into the lobby of the tall white PPP building, and if security stops you then say you're meeting David in the 2nd floor lounge. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor, then walk past the weight room to the lounge.