add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
A former member
Post #: 107
I'm selling my never-used Glock 17 purchased 1 year ago at High Bridge Arms. The slide is too difficult for me and I'm looking for a Ruger 10/22 take-down instead. Asking $525 OBO. Can transfer at an FFL in the East Bay or SF.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the next range meet-up.
Barry B.
user 67121692
Benicia, CA
Post #: 1
Rather than selling it, try a different way of racking the slide. Instead of pulling the slide back, hold the slide close to your body, (make sure it is pointed away from your body AND in a safe direction) and push the grip of the gun away from you! With practice, it is easy!

Susan R
user 10883799
Walnut Creek, CA
Post #: 6
Hi Heather,
I am interested in buying your Glock if you are still interested in selling. I still have not bought a gun and I am familiar with the Glock 17, in fact it's the only gun I have ever used. Perhaps we can meet at a target range, maybe United Sportmen in Concord?

Perhaps we can set up a day and time and others may want to meet at the range?
A former member
Post #: 108
Thanks, Barry for the advice. I had problems with the slide when HBA was showing me how to use it - even had to remove the mag before I could open the slide (no snickers pls). Should have never left HBA with it but it was recommended by a few enthusiasts for petite females.

Anyway, Susan has decided to shop around and rent before buying - a smart move that I should have done first.

So the Glock is still available if anyone's interested.

HBA has offered to look at it and possibly take it back on consignment or I'll list it on CalGuns.

Looking forward to meeting you and other members. Thanks for stepping up as organizer :)
Buzz L.
user 17832511
Monterey, CA
Post #: 2
Glocks can be customized in so many different ways. A softer spring may be possible to purchase and springs install very easily; this will also allow you to shoot lighter loads.

Additionally a small bar can be installed in the slide for you to grip while it sliding back.

If any of this is of interest to you let me know and I’ll try to get information for you, or you can Google “Custom Glock” yourself for gunsmiths that specialize in rebuilding Glocks.