align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Gay Men's Hiking Meditation Message Board › Attention: Group staying on Meetup

Attention: Group staying on Meetup

Tim J G
user 12730153
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Hey Guys,
After much consideration, I've decided to keep the group on Meetup instead of moving to Facebook. We keep getting a steady stream of new members on Meetup, and that just doesn't seem to be happening on FB.  Plus several members of the group have suggested we stay on Meetup for this very reason, as well as the reason that a few members aren't (and don't want to be) on FB.
However, this will mean that I will need to ask for a one buck donation from members for each hike attendance. My Meetup costs (not including time to plan hikes and answer questions) are $12 a month.  So I need to make that amount, at least.  And since some months will likely see rain cancellations, I figure if I get a buck from a majority of hike attendees each hike, I should be fine.
I hope this doesn't cause too much a problem for anyone, and sorry for any confusion the change in plans may cause.  I figure a buck is far from exorbitant, so I trust it will be OK.  I'll pass a hat around at the beginning of each hike, and hopefully we can be done with it quickly. Donation requests will start with this upcoming hike on the 22nd.
Also, I'll keep the FB group intact in case this is a terrible move, and FB is indeed the better alternative.
Let me know if anyone has any questions.  And I look forward to this Saturday's hike!
Cheers,
Tim