Bay Area Hiking Group Message Board › Acknowledgment of Hiking Member Responsibility Express Assumption of Risk an

Acknowledgment of Hiking Member Responsibility Express Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability

Steven - Milpitas ...
user 9470350
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 134
TO ALL MEMBERS,

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS DISCUSSION IF YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED WITH THIS. Please do not RSVP for any event until you do so. This is your responsibility as a member of this group.

Bay Area Hiking Group.
Milpitas Social Group.
Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired.

Acknowledgment of Hiking Member Responsibility
Express Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability

I understand that during my participation in this Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired (“Meetup event”), whenever used herein, the term Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired Meet up event, shall include all of its organizers, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each Meetup event and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the Meetup event. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel. The Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animal, group members, group organizers or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in adventure travel such as Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired and I appreciated that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and for others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that on this Meetup event there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may exposed.

In consideration of my acceptance as a participant on this Meetup event, and the services and amenities to be provided by the Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired in connection with the Meetup event, I confirm my understanding that:

-I will pay any costs and fees for the Meetup event, and I acknowledge my participation is the discretion of the organizer.
-The Meetup event officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by the Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired. The Meetup event doesn’t include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the Meetup event, and I am personally responsible for all risks associated with this travel.
-If I decided to leave early and not to complete the Meetup event as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against the Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired arising from that decision.
-This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable.
-To the fullest extend allow by law, I agreed to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired, its organizers, assistant organizers, and, agents from ANY AND ALL LIABILITY on account of, or in anyway resulting from Injuries and Damages, event if caused by negligence of the, its organizers, assistant organizers, and, agents, in any way connected to this Meetup event. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired, all of its organizers, assistant organizers, and, agents from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while participant on the Meetup event. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
-I have read this document in it’s entirely and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such Injuries and Damages and notwithstanding such risk, I agree to participate in the Meetup event.

Bay Area Hiking Group, Milpitas Social Group and Let’s hike and maybe take a break if we get tired organizer(s)
A former member
Post #: 2
I agree.

sash.
A former member
Post #: 69
god, these legal things are so crazy. Where did you get the text from, perhaps I need same for my meetup groups? You can sum up most of the text by saying, "I know that stepping outside my house carries risks, including death, and participating in life is MY responsibility".

Yes, I agree. Sigh.
Steven - Milpitas ...
user 9470350
Milpitas, CA
Post #: 136
I agree! Would do.
A former member
Post #: 18
Agreed.
Marci
user 11586957
San Jose, CA