|From:||Hongha Thi N.|
|Sent on:||Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:17 PM|
From: Dee Williams <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Thursday, July 25,[masked]:35 AM
Subject: [jobhunters-177] Sharpen Your Skills – How To Easily Take Your Career To The Next Level
Walking through Target this morning, a young lady approached me with the strangest look on her face and she asked me one simple question, “How do I take my career to the next level?”. Well naturally, I looked at her like she was crazy and said, “Excuse me? I’m not sure you have the right person.” She very nicely stood back, and began to show a quaint smile and I promise you there was a little sparkle in her eye that caught my attention. She said, “Dee Williams right? LinkedIn?” I wasn't sure if I should have been honored or scared, but I confirmed who I was. Once that confirmation took place, the smile on her face grew 10 times bigger and she said, “I read your posts all of the time and was wondering if you could tell me how to take my career to the next level?” She immediately proceeded to explain that she’s been following my career over the last two years and how she is constantly thinking about how much she wants to do something different with her life.
We talked for about 20 minutes this morning about dreams, goals, and the many ways to sharpen ones skills and then we departed ways, but before she walked away she said something to me with the most sincere look I've ever seen. She said to me, “Dee, before I saw you on LinkedIn, I honestly thought I HAD to work my 9-5 and that I HAD to be happy where I was in my career. You've given me hope to start dreaming again, and for that I thank you. Please, never stop posting, and never stop inspiring because the world NEEDS to hear your voice.”
I was so humbled and my heart was so full, I’m not really sure how I held the tears in at that moment, but I will tell you that I just stood there like a stone as I watched her happily walk away as if I had done something to inspire her during that brief 20-minute conversation. What she didn't realize is that she actually inspired me today, and now I choose to inspire you. I choose to inspire you by sharing a little bit of what I said to her:
1. Never Stop Dreaming - Sit down and decide what you want to do with your life and make a plan. If you can’t figure it out, do some research!
2. Define Your Purpose – Don’t just make changes to make more money. Make changes to help others eat better, do better, live better, share better, smile better, and be better.
3. Clean Your Professional Image – everything that you do or plan to do will be reflected in some way online. Make sure your image represents your goals and dreams.
4. Take Action – Network, hire a coach, hire a resume writer, find a recruiter, write that book, start that blog, start your own business, join a group, TAKE ACTION. Doing the same things everyday over and over again will result in the same things over and over again.
5. Don’t Give Up – No matter what people say or do, and no matter what happens in your life you HAVE to keep at it. Make it your driving force in life to reach that goal and then create more. Don’t worry about the money or the how, just start doing it and everything else will fall into place.
Okay so, I challenge you today to think about what it will take, for you, to take your career to the next level. I've founded and own 15+ businesses, and through those businesses it’s my goal to assist, touch, motivate, coach, and inspire the entire WORLD, but I figure I’ll start with 1M people by 12/31/2015 to begin with (hee-hee). Let’s take this journey together:
- Start Your Own Recruiting, Staffing, Consulting Firm - http://www.identifizeconsulting.com/start-your-own-recruitment-firm.html
- Get a New Resume & LinkedIn Profile - http://www.identifizeconsulting.com/order-a-new-resume.html
- Join the Free Small Business Webinar - http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E957DB89894B31
- Gain Real-World Work Experience - http://www.identifizeconsulting.com/we-breed-entrepreneurs-internship-program.html
Thank you for taking time to read this message.
Follow me: @No1Networker
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Dee Williams ([address removed]) from Bay Area Hiring & Recruiting Network.
To learn more about Dee Williams, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]
This email message originally included an attachment.