Are you interested in hiking and meeting other Hispanic hiking aficionados, then this is the group for you. This is a fun and energetic group that loves socializing through fitness and adventure. We will be exploring some of the most spectacular trails in the San Francisco Bay Area. Come and join other passionate and nature loving hikers.
The hikes will be approximately 5 to 12 miles with varying levels of skill and difficulty. Please review the hike’s description prior to joining. Don’t join a hike if you don’t meet the difficulty and skill levels. If you are not sure, don’t join. Wait for an easier hike. Please change your RSVP at least 4 days prior to the hike if you will not be able to attend. All hikes will have a limited number of hikers. Changing your RSVP as soon as possible or at least 4 days prior to the hike will allow people on the wait list to attend. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time.
All hikes are free to all participants.
Hiking Essentials: water, snacks, lip balm, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect/tick repellent, layered clothing, hat, hiking shoes/boots, and map.
- Stay on the trail. Do not cut switchbacks or take shortcuts.
- Stay to the right on wider paths.
- Pass on the left.
- When overtaking someone, let them know you are approaching and will be passing on their left. You may hear a biker call out, "On your Left!" as he comes up from behind. That means you should stay to your right.
- Whenever you stop for a view, a rest, or to yield, move off the trail
- Hikers going uphill are working hard and should be given the right of way
- Greet people you meet :)
- When hiking in a group, yield to single or pair hikers.
- When hiking in a group, hike single file or take no more than half of a wide trail.
- Avoid loud voices.
- Read trailhead guidelines. There may be specific rules for the trail you are on.
- Pack It In - Pack It Out. (don’t litter).
"Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints".
When you signed up for Meetup your agreed to "bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) and Organizers and Creators or Hosts and their designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Platform, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a Meetup Gathering. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits. "