The perfect group for SAHMs, experienced moms, new moms, grandparents, nannies, caregivers, and DADS too. We encourage our kids to have fun, be free-spirited and peaceful, and enjoy each others' good company.
Most of us live and play in the Clear Lake area, Friendswood, League City, Webster, Seabrook, Kemah, and Webster.
Most of our playdates and meetups happen during the weekday mornings or afternoons, with only a few family or MNO outings on the weekend.
We are a VERY active group with many weekly meets - please only join if you are prepared to actively participate!! Our calendar is full, but we always encourage members to put activities up - everyone has different schedules and options are great!
Most of our "joeys" are 1 to 6 years. Siblings (older and younger) are always welcome.
Bring your quirks and eccentricities, all are welcomed. Please, no politics, concealed firearms, sermons, or high school cliques.
We'll meet at parks, pools, museums, jumping joints, libraries, each others houses, and other great places YOU suggest, too. MNOs are encouraged - both at night or on the weekends (naptime).
Our group is co-op style, where EVERYONE has the ability (and responsibility) to add events to the calendar - please feel free to add events, even if you can't host and it conflicts with another event already up - we all like to have a variety of options (and no one's feelings will be hurt, promise)!
***Please note that you MUST be able to make a WEEKDAY in-person meet prior to being approved through to the group. Check your meetup messages for welcome info once you apply to join us; meetup no longer sends this info via email (only through messages).***
***Group Rules; effective February 2011***
1) No Mama Drama, please! This group was borne out of mama drama in another group (since closed), so we know we don't need any of that here. We are a very laid-back and relaxed group, accepting of all that come with good intentions.
2) Please don't bring sick kids (or sick moms) to any activities. We all know kiddos have sniffles, but don't come if you or your child has a fever or rash, etc.
3) Put events on the calendar. This is your group, so it will only be what you make it!!
4) Please cancel your RSVP if you know you will not be able to come. (This is especially true if a meet requires that a host prepare supplies based upon your RSVP.)
5) If you wish to attend a home meet (a meetup in someone's home), please be sure that you have been to at least three (3) public meets first, or have cleared it specifically with the host. (This is to prevent complete strangers showing up to private residences - it's awkward!)
6) Members release the Organizer and other members from any and all liability, per Meetup Terms of Service Section 6.2.
7) For security & privacy, we'd like to meet you before you join so we know you are a real Mom. :) Please plan to attend one public (weekday) meet prior to being approved through to the group.
That's it!! This is your Momapalooza group.
397 Creative Coders
130 Clear Lake Hablantes de Español
1,096 German Speakers
10,017 Fun people