Bay Area NLP (Natural Language Processing) Message Board › A meetup for NLP startups to show their work and get feedback

A meetup for NLP startups to show their work and get feedback

Ricky W.
hints
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Stuart and I were brainstorming this and I want to know if there's any interest. I noticed that some of us are doing startups related to ML/NLP. And as a founder, I'd love to get feedback and make sure I'm not doing anything too stupid :-p

Why don't we have a meetup where each startup founder does a 5 min "ignite" talk and then people who have particular insight/interest can grab the founder offline to chat more. This way, the audience can also see variety of problems that NLP is solving and the variety of quirky data sets as well.
Jacob P.
user 14003823
San Francisco, CA
I like the idea of everyone spending a few minutes talking about their startup and/or what they do with ML/NLP. But I think it'd be easier/simpler if there wasn't a required format or number of slides.
David A.
davidandrzej
San Francisco, CA
+1 to general idea - I think the idiosyncrasies of real-world problems/applications are a very interesting topic.
Eugene K.
user 10638288
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
It's a great idea. I'll have something to show when it happens.
Ethan H.
user 2890131
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
+1