Bay Area OpenStreetMappers Message Board › Name Change from San Francisco to Bay Area

Name Change from San Francisco to Bay Area

Sarah M
user 2894346
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Dear All,

I have changed the name of this group to Bay Area OpenStreetMappers because I feel it is more inclusive to the locations of our members. Please let me know if you think we should break out into different sub-county groups.

Cheers,
Sarah
A former member
Post #: 1
In my head "San Francisco" meant "Bay Area" in this context, anyway, so it makes sense to me. Besides, you're officially sanctioned to represent OSM's interests in the Bay Area, not just the City.

That being said, of course there already is a Bay Area Geocaching and Mapping Group with emphasis on OSM--they're more active in the South Bay and lower Peninsula. There is a naming collision there which should probably be amicably resolved. :)

For people like me it's unlikely I'll make it to one of their meetups because I'm in distant Berkeley. In fact, I was on the verge of starting a Berkeley OSM group when this one came along.

Maybe what makes sense here is that you get some sub-organizers for this group to run meetups in specific locales.