addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Sewists Message Board › New site for sewing and quilting

New site for sewing and quilting

A former member
Post #: 3
I've been getting frustrated by the lack of a good site for keeping track of my sewing projects and finding new ones to try.

I sat down earlier this week to write myself a quick program for keeping track of my projects and my fabric, and realized that other folks might like to use it too. So...would you?

If a website to keep track of and talk about your sewing and quilting projects sounds interesting to you, could you take a minute or two to tell me what features you'd use? https://docs.google.c...­

Thanks so much!
Emily
A former member
Post #: 2
Great question! What I need is something that is with me when I am out and see shiny objects to purchase -- and I don't have the yardage for the pattern, or the note of what is in my stash already, or the photos of the accessories/findings that could be incorporated.

I have tried several apps for iPhone. One big flaw is the "roach motel" model, where I enter data but there is no backup file; it lives only in my iPhone, and cannot be transferred or backed up.

Working the other way, it's easier to enter data on the computer, and then transfer that to the iPhone. Would be very interested in hearing from you and from others who may have better solutions!

--Danine
A former member
Post #: 5
Danine - I agree completely - I find ways to keep anything I care about stored somewhere on the internet so I can find it from my laptop, phone, friend's computer, or wherever. I'm spoiled by wanting to be able to find my notes from wherever I am, but it makes life so much easier!

How do you keep your stash organized?
A former member
Post #: 1
I use Evernote to keep my pattern stash organized (http://evernote.com/)...­. I grab an image of the pattern envelope from the internet so I always know what's in my stash. Evernote stores everything on the internet, and they have application interfaces for Mac, PC, iPhone, other smart phones, iPads, etc. You can get to your data from just about any device.

I've also heard of http://www.mysewingci...­, but have not tried it. It looks and feels a lot like Ravelry if you're a knitter/crocheter.

Good Luck!