Bay Area Sewists Message Board › my storage locker was broken into - fabric, sewing machines are gone

my storage locker was broken into - fabric, sewing machines are gone

A former member
Post #: 8
I need to be quick since I have so much to do. My storage locker in Burlingame was broken into and I found out yesterday. Too late to recover things I think, but want to get the word out in case you come across notices of fabric lots for sale or for my 3 stolen machines:

• 1230 Bernina in black tapestry rolling tote, matching case containing presser feet box
• Century Singer Featherweight in light quilted blue rolling tote, no box
• 1930's Singer Featherweight with chrome wheel, in hot pink rolling tote, with box

15+ clear plastic bins of quilting cotton fabric
2 pink toolboxes of sewing tools and supplies
12 + project boxes, quilt projects in various states
2 Rowenta irons
Embroidery, cross stitch and needlepoint stash - 2 + bins
beading and embellishments – several containers
2 bins of FabMo fabric
men's ties
quilting books and magazines
sewing patterns – 5 pattern sized boxes (full), all 4 vendors, most sized 12-18
yarn and knitting and crochet needles, in rolling totes

Acrylic painting supplies, canvases, easels

So much more (2 bikes, cello, guitar, clothes, Pink KitchenAid appliances). Hard to process it all right now, but they left a mess and I need to clean it up and complete my inventory for the police report and insurance (though I'll never be able to claim it all). What a lesson. I did catch a guy last night while I was waiting for my brother, and they arrested him - but it is a big ring and so far no word as to recovering anything more than what we found in another unit that they transferred some of my stuff to. They had changed the lock on my unit, so they had weeks to clean it out. I had not been for 3 weeks due to my surgery recovery.

I will attend one Flea Market on Saturday, and I have searched on Craigslist. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks so much for your time,
Gayle

650-759-2059 (cell, but no text service)
Annamarie
user 10983560
Oakland, CA
Post #: 3
I'm so sorry to hear about this. You might also try looking on eBay, even looking at ended sales.
Gabrielle T.
user 68217432
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I'm so sorry to hear about this!

Well done for managing to be so clear-headed and pro-active in your response - I hope it helps you get through this upset and pays dividends in finding more of your gear. It sounds like you're doing what you can. Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 52
OH MY GAWD! I'm so sorry! I have several friends in that area. I will post on F/B (less the number etc) to keep an eye out!