Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Message Board › Wakeboarding Day Trip Sunday 8/7

Wakeboarding Day Trip Sunday 8/7

Keith
KYEski
Fremont, CA
Post #: 9
Hello Fellow Snow Enthusiasts,

For the past few years when Summer comes around Tobin and I (Keith) have invited members of the Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Meet Up Group to come Wakeboarding with us. Sometimes we've camped together at the lakes and other times we do day trips out at the Delta. For those of you who aren't familiar with wakeboarding, it's sort of like snowboarding except being pulled by a boat. For you snow skiers, you can become familiar with board sports; I'm a snow skier and after I learned to wakeboard, I figured out how to snowboard. We welcome all skill levels and have taught many beginners. We're taking about 8 people and currently have 3-4 spots open.

When:
Sunday August 7th

Time:
8AM (it maybe possible to arrange later pickup times)

Where:
Whiskey Slough Marina. 3401 S. Whiskey Slough Road/Hwy. 4 Holt, CA 5234. located about 10 minutes from Discovery Bay, CA and about 10 minutes West of Stockton right off of Highway 4. about 1.5 hour drive from San Francisco.
http://www.whiskeyslo...­

Cost:
About $20-$25 per person which is just the cost of boat gas split among all participants.

Experience:
Basically we ride around on the boat taking turns being pulled by the boat. Beginners will spend most of their time learning to get up on the board and learn basic carving. Usually you get 2+ pulls (turns) which can last 10 minutes to half and hour (depending on your skill and stamina). Experienced riders will spend their time carving, jumping the wake and even attempting tricks.

What to Bring:
If you have your own equipment, great we have 4 wakeboard racks which can hold up to 8 wakeboards. If you don't have your own equipment you can borrow some of ours, we have extra boards, bindings and life jackets. You should bring sun screen, food (please nothing too messy) and drinks (water, sports drinks..etc...we do drink alcohol on the boat but usually not much more than a beer or two if at all...if we're going to party we like to save it for when we get off of the water).

Finish:
We'll probably finish up around 4-5PM.

Travel:
I will be leaving from San Francisco around 6:30AM and may be able to take passengers (if a convenient pick up schedule can be arranged). We can also meet up along the way there and caravan to Whiskey Slough. Or you can simply meet us at Whiskey Slough.

If you're interested or have any questions, please let me know. allforfunnplay27@yahoo.com

Hope Everyone's Having a Great Summer,
Keith