Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Message Board › Day Wakeboarding Trip Sun. 9/4

Day Wakeboarding Trip Sun. 9/4

Keith
KYEski
Fremont, CA
Post #: 14
Hello Again Fellow Snow Enthusiasts:

Looking for something fun to do in the sun but can’t get away for the entire weekend? We're doing another wakeboarding day trip at the Delta

For those of you who have never wakeboarded before, it’s similar to snowboarding except you’re pulled by a boat. Snow skiers have the opportunity to be introduced to board sports (I’m a snow skier that learned to wakeboard and then how to snowboard). If you’re a beginner, we’ve taught many people how to get up and start carving. If you’re experienced, we look forward to your bag of tricks.

When:
Sunday September 4th.

Time:
Meet around 7:30AM. We leave the dock around 8AM .

Where:
Whiskey Slough @ Whiskey Slough Marina 3401 S. Whiskey Slough Road , Holt , CA 95234 . http://www.whiskeyslo...­ It’s located about an hour and a half from San Francisco off of Hwy 4.

Cost:
About $20 - $25/person for the cost of boat gas which depends on the number of passengers, number of pulls and the cost of gas.

The Experience:
Basically we ride around specific areas of the Delta (trying to find the good water) pulling riders. Usually most people get 2+ pulls (turns) which can last from 10 minutes to half an hour depending on the rider’s skill level and conditioning. Beginners will spend their time learning to get up and carve. Experienced riders will spend their time jumping and doing various tricks.

What to Bring:
If you have your own equipment, great we have 4 wakeboard racks which hold up to 8 boards. If you don’t have your own equipment, you can borrow some of ours, we have extra boards, bindings and life jackets. You should bring sun screen, food (please nothing too messy) and drinks (water, sports drinks..etc.. we do drink alcohol on the boat but usually not much more than a beer or two if at all…if we’re going to party we like to save it for when we get off of the boat.

Finish:
We’ll probably finish around 4 – 5PM

Travel:
It’s about an hour and a half to Whiskey Slough from San Francisco or the South Bay. If anyone wants to carpool, we can try to coordinate something

Please let me know if you’re interested or have any questions.Allforfunnplay@gmail.com

Hope everyone’s having a great summer.

Keith
A former member
Post #: 3
I am definitely up for sunday... I dont have a car that can make it that far but would love to meet you locally and prep a boat for a carpool. Im in Potrero Hill.

-Paul
Keith
KYEski
Fremont, CA
Post #: 15
Hi Paul,

I'm actually not able to make it up this weekend (wife gave birth last night). But the trip is still going. I'll keep you posted if I hear of anyone else coming out of the city that may be interested in carpooling.

Keith
A former member
Post #: 4
congrats on the birth! woohoo! :)

I may just put my volvo to the test to get out there. If there is a boat going Id risk trying, Ive been dying to get out on the water. Who are the conatacts once I get to the dock?

-Paul
A former member
Post #: 5
WEll its 4 am and Im still working on a project for work. Ill catch up with you guys next trip. Have a great time riders.

-Paul