Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Message Board › Learn to backcountry snowboard trip this weekend
San Francisco, CA
I guide backcountry ski and snowboard trips, and teach avalanche classes for the Outdoor Adventure Club, a guide service based in San Francisco.
We just added a Learn to Backcountry Snowboard trip this weekend. It's last minute, and a holiday weekend, so we are offering a sweet deal- we're throwing in split board rentals and avalanche gear rentals for free this weekend.
Here's a few details:
- 2 days of professionally guided backcountry snowboarding in Lassen National Park
- 2 nights in the Outdoor Adventure Club ski house in Mineral, CA, just outside of Lassen
- Avalanche rescue clinic, and avy awareness tips throughout the weekend
- Tips to help you split board more effectively- (good technique keeps you from sliding backwards!)
- Continental breakfasts on Sat and Sun
- Lunches on Sat and Sun
- Free split board rental
- Free avalanche gear rental
You'll learn techniques to transition faster, make uphill kick turns, maintain traction while skinning uphill, as well as some map and compass instruction, and avalanche awareness/avoidance.
How good a snowboarder do you have to be for a trip like this? If you can ride on ungroomed intermediate terrain in most resorts, you should be good for this trip. We try to stick to big open bowls (usually absolutely untracked, and this weekend should be fresh powder!
Basically, it's two days of fun snowboarding in the backcountry with a professional guide, free split board rentals, housing, and most meals for $399.
For more information, you can check out the trip information on the Outdoor Adventure Club's website, or email me directly. I'm happy to talk to you about the trip.
Outdoor Adventure Club