Bay Area TYPO3 Message Board Bay Area TYPO3 Discussion Forum › TYPO3 meetup - Getting started with TYPO3

TYPO3 meetup - Getting started with TYPO3

Marc Infield
infield
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Hi All,

Bay Area TYPO3 User Group

It was nice to see everyone at the last BayTUG meeting. It was great first meeting, we had about 20 people, 4 presentation, beer & pretzels (courtesy of DKD) and pizza (courtesy of ID). A big thanks goes out to our friends at Hacker Dojo for being such gracious hosts. We covered a lot of material but most importantly we were able connect and share our excitement for TYPO3 here in the Bay Area.

So how do we improve things? The February meeting was a bit advanced and we will make sure the next meeting is a more friendly to new users. We will start off the next meeting with an introduction to TYPO3 that will outline some of the things that make it the leading European enterprise CMS. We are open to suggestions for topics and presentations.

I propose we have the next meeting Thursday March 25th with the theme "Getting started with TYPO3". Have an idea topic or presentation? Please let us know.

So PLEASE spread the word and bring someone new to TYPO3 to the meeting. Let's all work together and grow the TYPO3 community here in the Bay Area.

Thanks!
-marc

Bay Area TYPO3 User Group
Kian T. Gould
user 10916526
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I am happy to give a presentation on how to improve Marketing strategies to "sell" TYPO3 to your clients and what some of the reasons for the TYPO3 success are. This will give you a good basis for everyone wanting to make their TYPO3 work more successful.
Thomas Ruta
user 10903750
Hayward, CA
Hi,
I would love to explain what was needed to grow offer 300 successful installations of typo3 with our company. Less techniques more approach and way of thinking about typo3 for us and our Customers. I want to catch up some of the impressions of the last meeting and express them to the newbie’s for typo3.

I want to share my experiences from the last years and why my choice was an open source system and why it finally was typo3.

Here would be a sample of my topics:
1. Why OSS
2. Typo3 advantages compared to other OSS
3. What can you do to make typo3 more attractive to the majority
4. The solution for our Customers
5. What is going to come next
I think it would take me 15 to 20 min. Would that be OK?

Nice move to arrange a meeting so soon again :-)

If there is anything else I can do – just let me know…

Greetings,

Thomas Ruta
R&P IT Consulting GmbH
Kreuzberger Ring 38
D-65205 Wiesbaden

Tel: +49 611 95 00 633 -0
Fax: +49 611 95 00 633 -99

webs:
www.r-p-it.de
www.tp3.de

Software Engineering
Managed Service
IT Outsourcing
ISP
R&P IT Consulting GmbH / Geschäftsführer Thomas Ruta / USt-ID.: DE250786771 / AG Wiesbaden HRB 22650
Marc Infield
infield
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
As you can see we have a number of great suggestions for presentations. I was sent a few offlist as well. I am putting together a list and we can make some choices. Keep in mind we should try to keep the presentation accessible to people new to TYPO3 as well.

Thanks,
-marc
Gaetan Marmasse
user 10959855
San Francisco, CA
I think the presentations suggested are great ideas as they are cutomuer and strategies oriented and not too technical. It's very important not to discourage new TYPO3 users (as marc said) with complex technical stuffs.
Great approach!
It would be great to make presentations details accessible once the meeting is over (documents, photos, slideshows, if there are some) for those, like me, who are VERY intersted in the content but can't join the meeting.
I'd love to be there!
Thanks. Bye.