This famous Berkeley institution reopens after a recent fire. They started taking phone reservations today (5/29), and it was little tough to get through, but I was able to get one.
Though I've lived in Berkeley for years, I've never tried Chez out. I've been looking forward to the reopening and tasting the food at a place that has often been called the birthplace of "California" cuisine.
1) My card is on hook for $25/person, so I need firm reservations. If you need to change, please let me know at least 48 hours beforehand.
2) The prix fixe menu is $100/person (does not include drinks/tips)
3) The menu will be available online the week before reservation date.
4) This is for the full restaurant downstairs, not the cafe.
5) Reservation is for second seating and starts @ 8:45 for our table.
Saturday, June 29 $100
House-smoked king salmon salad with basil and summer vegetables sottaceto
Lasagna verde al forno with morel mushrooms
Salmon Creek Ranch duck breast with snap peas and sage, grilled scallions,
and apricots al agrodolce
Bittersweet chocolate fondant with toasted hazelnut ice cream
and candied mandarin peel
The menu has updated for this week. Check it out here: http://www.chezpanisse.com/menus/restaurant-menu/