Ever ridden all the way around San Francisco? Here's your chance.
Details: ~33 miles, ~2400 feet climb
See a map of the route here.
Our pace will be moderate, 12-14 MPH with regrouping at the top of hills and cross-streets. The ride will probably take 4-5 hours, with rest/lunch stops. If anyone poops out, Daly City BART is at mile 17.
We'll start at the Ferry Building Clock Tower, then Circle the City in a counter-clockwise direction--this should get us through the touristy areas before most people show up.
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- Lands End and Sutro Baths
- "Lunch" stop at Ocean Beach (at the end of Sloat, near the Zoo, and we can just eat on the bluff over the beach if we don't want to get sand in our chains).
- Lake Merced
- 6400 Mission Street, "Top of the Hill" Daly City (a shrine to marketing in the 70's and 80's)
- The backside of San Bruno mountain
- Candlestick Park
- Telephone Park (Pac Bell, AT&T, whatever they're calling it these days).
Go Bike It -- apprx, $8/hr ($27/day)
801 Columbus Ave.
Hours 8am to 8pm