This ride is for someone who just started cycling or someone new to the area and want to cycle in Marin. Riding from the Golden Gate bridge to Fairfax is a common route that leads to other various rides beyond. After this ride, you should be able to go on other rides on your own in Marin.
Meet at the Golden Gate Bridge pavilion at 8am and we should be back again around noon.
Pace: slow 10-12mph.
Hills: Camino Alto (both ways) and Sausalito hill to the bridge on the return.
Spare tube in case you get a flat.
* Thank you for your interest in this ride. I am increasing the group to 18 to allow those in the waiting list to come. However, I will no longer have a waiting list otherwise I won't be able to manage the group.
To those who are coming on this ride,
1. We will leave the Bridge at approx 8.05AM. If you are coming, I encourage you to be there and ready by 8AM or a little before. Please plan accordingly. Avoid missing the group, be early.
2. If you are driving, a common place to park is at the Sportsbasement in the presidio. Then ride up to the meeting point. Please note though that SB opens at 8AM on Saturdays.
3. You must be able to ride up Camino Alto on both ways and also the climb up from Sausalito to the Bridge.
4. Please bring sparetube (in case you get a flat), an ID (in case you get asked), and a cellphone (in case you need to call someone for a pickup).
5. We will spend about 15 minutes in Fairfax for drink/coffee/snacks and ride back.
6. Distance is a bit less than 20 miles each way and we should be back to the Bridge again by noon.
7. Route sheet: here is one routesheet you can refer to but note that our ride will start/finish at the GG bridge. http://www.mapmyride.com/us/sausalito-ca/san-francisco-to-fairfax-route-309385899
8. You can use any bike as long as you can maintain about 10-12 mph average. This is not a fast ride, but we will aim to average that pace (at least not slower).
9. Feel free to leave the group anytime if you want to turn around sooner.
I hope the above information is helpful. Please ask if you have other questions. Otherwise see you Saturday.