WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET MORE THAN 20 INTO THIS SESSION. IF NOT WE WILL REPEAT IT IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS. WATCH THIS SPACE..
This free class is led by an expert mechanic at Sports Basement. It's a great opportunity to meet some of your fellow BAC Meetup members off the bike and at the same time acquire mechanical skills that will be invaluable both at home before a ride, and when you are 5 miles from anywhere with a broken bike and a group of riders that doesn't know how to fix it.
- Pumping up your tire - valve and pump types and how to use them.
- Fixing a flat!
- Tools you should carry on every ride.
- Fixing a taco'd wheel so you can ride home.
- Oh Snap! Chain breakages.
- Lube and cleaning
- Essential pre-ride checks (rattle test, wheels, tires, brakes, chain lube, shifting)