addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Cycling Message Board › How to build a bike from scratch

How to build a bike from scratch

Janelle
mariposabluesky
Oakland, CA
Post #: 14
Hi all,

HOW TO BUILD A BIKE FROM SCRATCH
Bazaar Cafe on California street in SF will be hosting this event. This is a smaller venue so if you plan to attend make sure to get there as early as possible. Even if you never want to build a bike it is always a good thing to know 'what it's made of' to diagnose problems or fix/upgrade components.

When: March 9
Time: 7pm
http://askascientistsf.com/howto/­
Tom F.
finnedit
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 16
This contribution to your discussion thread is not exactly "doing it from scratch," but your Meetup members might enjoy a look at how to build a tandem in the living room! smile

May the link work:

If not, try a copy-and-paste of (www +) finneganediting.com/tandem/home/home.htm­l and go to "how to make a tandem in your living room."

Tom F. in SF
Gregg
GreggSenne
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 7
I'm putting the finishing touches on my scratch-built Bianchi 928L; an adventure in bike building. If anyone is interested, I can supply some details, things to watch out for, etc. It's been interesting.