Bay Area Cycling Message Board › heads up on GG Bridge Events and Activites
|A former member||
there are some running and walking events on the GG Bridge this month that you probably want to avoid.
Upcoming Permitted Events and Expressive Activities
* Saturday, July 9 and Sunday, July 10: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Event time is 11:30am to 1:30pm. 1,800 participants, EAST SIDEWALK
* Sunday, July 17, Tri Cali Alcatraz Challenge Aquathon. Event time is 8 am to 12 noon. Approx. 600 runners will cross the EAST SIDEWALK heading north and turn around at Vista Point and return on the EAST SIDEWALK headed south.
* Sunday, July 31, San Francisco Marathon. Runners will be off the Bridge by approx. 9:30am.
Events/Activities with Permit Pending
* Tuesday, July 12: Code Pink. Event time is noon to 2 pm. 150 participants on EAST SIDEWALK.
* Sunday, July 24: Envirosports/Alcatraz Triathlon. Event time is 9am to 10:30 am. Approximately 300 cyclists will use the pathway UNDER South Abutment of the Bridge (not the East Sidewalk)
* Thursday, August 4: USCG Station Golden Gate 2nd Annual Heritage Run. Event time is 10am to noon. 150 participants on EAST SIDEWALK
* Sunday, August 21: Tri Cali Alcatraz Triathlon. Event time is 9am to 1:30pm. 1800 participants will use the pathway UNDER South Abutment of the Bridge (no the East Sidewalk)