addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Lake Tahoe Cycling Weekend

Lake Tahoe Cycling Weekend

A former member
Hello Tahoe cyclists

I am very much looking forward to our cycling weekend up in beautiful Lake Tahoe and I hope you are too. Here's a little info that might be helpful:

Carpools

Several people have said they are looking for carpools so I wanted to try and facilitate some coordination with those looking for rides and those with vehicles who can accommodate others. A few things that I think folks would need to know:

1. Where are you going/coming from?

2. When are you able to go (ie Friday afternoon, Friday evening, really early Sat morning)?

3. Do you plan on staying both Saturday and Sunday?

4. Where in Tahoe are you staying (camping v somewhere else)?

I am copying this message on the Meetup site Message Board in the "Rides" category and I encourage you to go there and post a message if you are looking for a carpool or if you have a car and can take someone up with you. Those of you coming from SF or anywhere along the BART line, if you think you could meet up with someone in the E. Bay at a BART station, that might open up some additional carpool opportunities so please indicate that as well. Please everyone reach out to one another, don't be shy!!

Camping

I have reserved two campsites at Camp Shelly in S. Lake Tahoe. Each site allows up to 8 people and I have 11 confirmed campers at this time. If you want to camp, you must email me separately so I can put you on the list. Please don't just show up expecting a place to camp. I will be communicating with campers separately on directions etc.

Please feel free to email me or call me if you have any questions or concerns.

925-787-5581

See you in Tahoe

-Connie
A former member
Post #: 22
Hi,

I'm looking for a ride me and +1. Both of us will have bikes.

1. Where are you going/coming from? SF Financial District but can meet up at BART or Caltrain

2. When are you able to go (ie Friday afternoon, Friday evening, really early Sat morning)? earliest after noon on Friday

3. Do you plan on staying both Saturday and Sunday? Staying Friday and Saturday night, need to return to SF by Sunday evening

4. Where in Tahoe are you staying (camping v somewhere else)? Camping

Let me know if anyone has room in a car for me! Thanks!

Jean
A former member
Post #: 5
Just figured out that I can add a reply to this...

Hi - I'm Sheara and would love to be able to attend this weekend trip, but need a carpool.

1. Where are you going/coming from? Berkeley or Oakland or any BART station.

2. When are you able to go? Friday afternoon or evening.

3. Do you plan on staying both Saturday and Sunday? Yes, I'd love to.

4. Where in Tahoe are you staying? Camping.

Of course, I will be happy to share expenses, and if you prefer, I can also share driving. You can email me directly if that's easier - thank you!

Sheara