addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Cycling in China

Cycling in China

A former member
Post #: 5
Hello Bay area cyclists,

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience touring in China. I've managed to convince my job to pay for a ride from Beijing to Shanghai and now that I'm in the planning phase I'm having trouble finding maps and trip notes from others. Any beta will be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

A former member
Post #: 16
Well I've been to Beijing but not on a bike. In fact the whole idea of riding a bike in that city makes me shudder although millions of people do it! But your ride sounds sounds like it could be great. Are you taking others? There is a meetup group called Adventure Travel Meetup. You might consider joining that group and seeing if any members have some info that could help you.
user 4009792
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 7
Just rode my bike in Beijing through the hutons, it was a great way to see the neighborhoods, although air is a bit polluted. Have no experience traveling from town to town, but in Tibet I saw several people riding their bike though. You are better off sticking with a group.