Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Essential notes re Tour de Peninsula, Aug. 7th

Essential notes re Tour de Peninsula, Aug. 7th

Paul
pablo.skils
San Francisco, CA
Hi everybody,

August 7th is going to be a day to remember! Great cycling, beautiful start/finish venue, Meetup picnic, mellow mood, excellent company. Who could ask for more?

The price of this ride is $45. You pay the event organizer, and it's best to register online. You can change your ride distance on the day if you like. The website is http://supportparks.org/tdp/­

If you need to contact me, Paul, my cell number is 415.516.1444, but it should be easy to find me onsite.

Pre-Ride Meeting Place

I suggest the place to meet before and after the ride is near the VIP/Media area, which is a corral, not a tent. I will make a 11'x17' sign reading "Bay Area Meetup Cyclists" and post it on the railings of the corral.

The 62/56 mile rides start at 7:00 a.m.

The 20/31 mile rides start at 8:00 a.m.

So we may have two separate groups. Will everybody please let the group know which distance you are riding, so we can have an idea of how many we are expecting to meet prior to the ride.

Post-Ride Meeting Place

After the ride we can assemble for a few minutes at the VIP area, and then look for a picnic table within eyesight. We will move the Meetup sign to this picnic table. I have a 10x10 popup tent which we can use for shade, so we can attach the sign to it. The guy running the VIP area is a nice young Korean man named Dohyun. We will let him know where we are, so you can ask him if you cannot easily see us. Dohyun works for me, so this should be pretty easy (I'm not the owner of the ride, I'm just helping them out).

Picnic

What to bring for the picnic? Please let the group know either way whether or not you would like to stay for a picnic. I think it would be neat to do a pot luck, so let the group know either way about this, and if yes, indicate what you will bring. We should soon get an idea of how many people we are providing for. If you'd rather provide only your own lunch, no problem, just be sure state this so we can plan for it. I have a big cooler, which we can fill with ice and picnic foods and leave safely in the VIP area for our return. Others among us can leave a cooler there, and gear bags too, so it's all nice and convenient.

That's it for now. If anybody would like to help organize the lunch part of this ride, I'd be grateful for some assistance!

If you're not sure what to bring clothing and equipment-wise, visit the TdP Facebook page. It's accessible through the website.

Looking forward to meeting y'all there!