Bay Area Cycling Message Board › October organized(supported) rides

October organized(supported) rides

A former member
Post #: 1
Was wondering if anyone/meetup group was doing a supported century ride in October and November that I may have over looked - October 1st- Grizzly Century, October 22nd- Condor Classic or Cruella Challenge -
I realize October can be full of bad weather (rain/wind/cold weather), but I am a glutton for punishment.
If Anyone knows of a group, please link it....thanks much!
A former member
Post #: 18
I and a few friends are probably doing the Grizzly Century. I have done 3 times before and it's a great ride as long as the weather is good. It doesn't usually sell out so we may not form an official plan until shortly before the ride. If you are interested let me know so we can get carpools going and coordinate plans.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks for letting me know Connie. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you on the Griz ride, bad timing. I am signing up for the Cruella it appears. Will look forward to the next group ride opportunity!
A former member
Post #: 26
I'm also doing the Cruella Challenge. I did it last year and loved it, great support, the DMC were good fun at the rest stops. last year it was COLD and rainy all day, year before it was quite hot. been looking forward to this one all year long.

I'm also doing Levi's Gran Fondo on Oct 1st. should be a great challenge with amazing scenery.

I usually end up at this page
http://www.bbcnet.com...­
when I'm at work daydreaming of the next Century ride.
A former member
Post #: 3
Good info Mike, wasn't sure what to expect for support. This is a first Cruella for me.
I just found that bbcnet link a week ago myself....very addicting! Not too much going on November thru Jan. in the near by bay area. If you hear of anything, let me know. Thanks all.