Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Need Feedback on New Social Training App 'Go Beyond' That We Just Launched
San Francisco, CA
Hi, I'm Lance and a biker in SF and an mobile app builder and my digital studio just launched a biking and running app that just launched for iPhone and Android. We'd love to see what bike enthusiasts in the Bay Area think of the app.
Go Beyond is a fun social, training app that motivates you to push yourself further in cycling, running, and swimming. You earn cool badges and points for conquering challenges (dubbed “Walls”) while being able to share your progress on the spot in Facebook and Twitter. It was built for both iPhone and Android.
Get the App:
- Go Beyond brings you specific challenges for running, riding and swimming. New challenges are added every week as well as special events challenges like major races (Boston Marathon, Bay to Breakers, etc.)
- You can tackle Walls in 3 difficulty levels for each sport with increasingly higher points.
- GPS enabled stopwatch lets you track your progress on your mobile.
- Unlike most training apps that have challenges and social features viewable only on a website, Go Beyond has everything built right into the mobile experience.
- Go Beyond is a social network for athletes of all levels that let’s you follow and encourage others by liking or commenting on their latest Walls.
- Feeling competitive? Compete with others on the leaderboard based on the number of badges and points you win in real-time right on the mobile app.
- You have the option for the app to automatically post your activity in your Facebook timeline to let your friends follow your progress.
- Activities posted to Facebook include completion of new Walls, latest map location of your run or ride, when you take on a higher difficulty level Wall and even your status on the leaderboard.
After taking the app out for a ride, tell me what you think of it here. We'd really like to use your feedback to improve the app for cyclers and runners.
Edited by Lance Shields on Oct 13, 2012 8:26 AM