Bay Area Cycling Message Board › I was hit by a car....they don't see us! Please be carful!

I was hit by a car....they don't see us! Please be carful!

Lou
user 5867484
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Hey ALL,

I thought I'd send you all a short note.

I may have ridden with you in the summer and if not, maybe in the future.

Anyway, back in September I was out riding in my neighborhood in San Jose on my mountain bike towards the trail head, when a car struck me at 30 mph. Didn't see him coming, happen so fast. I hit the fender first, then smashed the windshield, then rolled off the hood and I was ejected 10 feet. Anyway, Emergency trauma center from there!

I suffered multiple broken bones, (leg, shoulder,ribs) and I am still layed up, but recuperating one day at a time and now I am actually riding the stationary bike.

Anyway, Be careful out there, they don't see us...just wanted to drop a line and stay in touch and hope to be back and see you all in the late Spring or Summer.
Happy holidays,
Bye for now
Lou
Hernan
user 8140045
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
Lou,

I hear you, car drivers are never thinking of bike or motorcycle riders when on the road. That's a sad reality we have to endure in a car oriented society. Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully you can join soon

Hernan