The Eat Real Festival takes place Friday through Sunday in Oakland's vibrant Jack London Square. Eat Real combines a state fair, a street-food festival, and a block party to create a celebration of good food. At the Eat Real Festival, participants learn where food comes from, who grows and makes it, and how they make it. Eat Real Festival attendance is 100% free of charge, all food at the festival costs $5 and less, and all food incorporates regionally-sourced, fabulous, and sustainably-produced ingredients.
Last year a bunch of Gastronomers got together on different days to eat, drink, and be merry. The event has been listed on 3 separate days to make it easier for everyone to arrange meeting times. We'll meet at Cerruti Cellars at Webster & Embarcadero. See you there!
• Friday, Sept 27, 1:00PM - 9:00PM (meeting Carol at Cerrutti Cellars at 12:45pm)
• Saturday, Sept 28, 10:30AM - 9:00PM (meeting Tee at Cerutti Cellars at 11am)
• Sunday, Sept 29, 10:30AM - 5:00PM (no host)
Festival Guide. Also follow them on Facebook, and Twitter.
• EAT: Eat Real’s putting the food back in fast. Come enjoy the Bay Area's best street foods or hit up the Craft Marketplace for take-home treats.
• DRINK: Our selection of handcrafted beers, local wines, and refreshing agua frescas and natural sodas are sure to keep you cool on a hot day.
• MAKE: Eating is only half the fun! Find out how to make it and grow it with our hands-on activities.
• SEE: Three days of music, storytelling, food skill demos and performances, and butchery contests provide some serious food-ertainment.
Arrive early to beat the long lines (Friday is the best day for lower crowd concentration) and bring:
• cash (atms are avail but they charge fees).
• a hat & wear sunscreen.
• a water bottle and fill up at the water bar stations.
• your appetite!