|Sent on:||Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:52 PM|
Hello, I am new to the area and would like to meet and hang out with Persian folks who live in close area to me. I am a project manager in civil engineering area, FEMALE, 38 yrs old, single, non-smoker, love a good wine or bear, love hiking and road biking, very outgoing and love to laugh a lot?I have traveled all over the US in past few years and can make you laugh with my stories?I would tell you more about myself when you write me but I stop here before it start sounding like I am here for dating (LOL)?I have enjoyed friendship with both male and female Persian across the country and looking forward to making a few here in SF area.
Sorry for mass emailing to all and thought this mass emailing would be the best way to reach you all. I live around I-80 and 580 in the Bay area so if any of you lovely people lives in my area and would like to be friends and hang out please email me at my email address [address removed] .
Here is a bit of humor to make you smile today =)
A SPANISH teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz..'
A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether ' computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that ' computer ' should definitely be of the feminine gender
(' la computadora'), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
(THIS GETS BETTER!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time
they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize hat if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won! =)
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Soosan ([address removed]) from Bay Area Iranians.
To learn more about Soosan, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup.com Customer Service: [address removed]
632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA